Planning and preparation are crucial steps in the new home construction process. That’s why the Jon McDonald team relies on the following nine-step plan to bring your dream home to life:
- Schedule an in-person meeting with your family. We want everyone’s input to make sure we build a custom home the whole family will love.
- Select the home site. If you already have the land picked out for your new home, great. If not, we’ll help you find the perfect location.
- Meet with the architect. Your designer needs to fully understand your vision. No detail is spared when we give them your information.
- Review your custom home designs informally. While we look over the initial blueprint for your property, we’ll discuss any additional ideas you have. We won’t proceed until you’re 100% happy with your custom home design.
- Submit and approve the formal plan. If there are any last-minute changes we need to make, we’ll do so at this stage. Once you approve the final blueprint, we’ll get started on your new home construction project.
- Price your custom home. We’ll give you a free quote based on labor and materials. Our trusted subcontractors will help us approximate the bid as accurately as possible so you won’t be surprised by your home’s cost.
- Sign the contract. Once you’re satisfied with the plans and price, we’ll create the formal contract to make sure you understand everything you’re agreeing to.
- Secure the financing. We’ll work with your preferred financial institution to make sure you get the funds you need.
- Gain permission to begin construction. The Jon McDonald team will submit the plans to the city staff, planning and zoning team and other necessary parties to get it cleared for construction. Once we receive their approval, we’ll start building your custom home ASAP.
Schedule an in-person meeting for your custom home design in Abilene, TX and the surrounding areas by calling today.